An Internship In Retail or Fashion Industry? December 26, 2019
Looking for an Internship?
An internship is a period of work experience offered by an organization for a limited period of time. One of the best sites to look for an internship in KL is Kerija. Once confined to medical graduates, the term is now used for a wide range of placements in businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies. They are typically undertaken by students and graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field. Employers benefit from these placements because they often recruit employees from their best interns, who have known capabilities, thus saving time and money in the long run. Internships are usually arranged by third-party organizations which recruit interns on behalf of industry groups.
Though if you are looking for an internship in the retail or fashion industry, unfortunately, there are not many opportunities in that particular sector. However, if you don’t mind joining an internship in another sector, you should read below!
Here are the 4 most popular internships in Malaysia:
When one can think about Engineering, Asia is probably not the first destination that comes to mind. However, Asia not only produces a lot of parts used in various fields of engineering but also has a booming industry with potential for more growth. Engineering and construction have soared side-by-side with economic growth, making Asia a prime location to further the intern’s career in this industry. The engineering interns have been involved and worked on the following projects:
* Utilizing AutoCAD to develop facility layout drawings of production and support areas.
* Conducting studies and propositions for improvements to the overall process flow and spatial utilization based on lean manufacturing principles.
* Testing prototypes and machinery, while writing reports to document the results.
* Assisting and shadowing engineering managers with development of engineering schedules, budgets, projects, and quality assurance.
* Assisting with the development and maintenance of parts catalogues, owner’s manuals, and operational instruction manuals for assigned products.
2. Business development
Business development has most potential where there are room and potential for growth. Asia is the fastest-growing economic region in the world. Different businesses are seeing the large potential in the Asian market and moving to establish a foothold here. Business is booming like never before. This makes Asia an ideal environment to gain invaluable experience. Past business development interns have been involved and worked on the following projects:
* Conducting research and identifying potential partnerships with other companies.
* Reaching out to current partner companies to explore new opportunities and projects.
* Working alongside business development managers to analyze current markets status, competitor analysis, and testing ideas for business expansion.
* Conducting business development projects by maintaining databases of large international corporations, preparing presentations and sales pitches, and setting up meetings.
* Actively managing sales processes from lead generation to signed agreements.
3. Information Technology
The information technology industry is forever growing and is dictating how we live in today’s modern world. For this reason, information technology internships in Asia are wide open, due to the high demand in the industry. Past information technology interns have been involved and worked on the following projects:
* Developing, managing, and maintaining company websites and web-based applications.
* Writing SQL queries and implementing secure database interactions.
* Utilizing web development programming languages to assist in conducting SEO and SEM campaigns for clients.
* General IT system administration and infrastructure management.
* Providing consultative support to international customers.
4. Non-government organization
An international Non-Profit internship in Asia is one of the most satisfying opportunities you can have. It takes effort and motivation, but the rewards one can get in return is of a much higher value. The happiness the intern gets from helping others is defined by Aristotle as “Beatitudo,” this is the happiness that comes from seeing other people being happy and helping other people. Past NGO interns have been involved and worked on the following projects:
* Coordinating with Administration, HR, and Finance departments to support the organization on training events and meetings.
* Maintaining networking with non-profit external partners and other organizations.
* Preparing situation analysis and submitting reports of meetings/field visits.
* Maintaining own records systematically and establishing systems to deliver the requirements of the role as needed.
* Providing effective support to program operations and monitoring humanitarian situations.
Here are a few tips you can learn from: